Auditions are opened to individuals between the ages of 11 and 22. Younger individuals will be needed later in the rehearsal process, but they will not need to appear at auditions. Anyone wishing to be contacted for these later roles should e-mail Kristy Montgomery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals planning to audition should come with a 1-2 minute monologue prepared and memorized. Those wishing to participate in a brief dance audition will have the opportunity to do so, and all of those auditioning should come in appropriate attire for movement.
This version of Peter Pan is NOT a musical.
Kristy plans to cast between 30-40 actors, which accounts for a large ensemble cast. The following information will highlight some of the specifics that will be looked for during auditions.
Some Specific Character Highlights:
- Peter Pan will either be a young male whose voice has not yet changed or will follow the Broadway tradition of being a female. This will depend entirely on the auditions, and Kristy has no preference for either.
- Captain Hook will be an older male who is able to play the villainous role with enough charm and charisma to be likeable.
- Tinkerbell is not a physical character on the stage, but rather a bell and a light. However, someone may be cast as Tinkerbell and complete their role from offstage!
- Nana the dog and the crocodile will be characters portrayed onstage, so individuals will be cast in these roles!
- There is a part labeled as Ensemble in the script that serves as the narrator. This part is sizeable and will be divided amongst a few different individuals.
Ensemble Roles – Many of these will not have individual speaking parts, but many will be involved in fight choreography and other such special opportunities!
- The Lost Boys will be primarily individuals under the age of fifteen, and may be male or female. Please note, however, that females cast as Lost Boys will be playing male characters.
- The Pirates will be individuals over the age of fifteen, and may be male or female. As in the case of the Lost Boys, however, the females cast as Pirates will be playing male characters.
- The Indians will not be age-specific or gender-specific. The Indians do not have speaking roles in the play, but will do rhythmic dancing. As a result, those cast in these roles must be able to pass the dance audition!
- The Mermaids will not be age-specific, but will all be female. No males will be cast in these roles. The Mermaids will sing harmonies during their scene, so individuals with singing voices may be cast in these roles. There will not be many!
The show will be performed at the Grand Theatre on April 27th and 28th. Rehearsals will be Mondays and Thursdays from 6pm until 8pm, and those cast in lead roles will be expected to be at all rehearsals except in special cases. (Participation in another show will not serve as a valid excuse for missing, so please plan accordingly!)
There is a $25 participation fee that will be due at the first rehearsal. This fee will cover the cost of a script (which will be the actor’s to keep) and a t-shirt!
The cast will also be expected to sell at least 10 tickets at a price to be announced later in the process and at least one advertisement in the program. More information will come!
If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns, please contact Kristy at email@example.com, call 678-361-2724, or find us on Facebook at facebook.com/act1communitytheater.
Thank you! We look forward to seeing you!